The Hampshire Military Museums Network is run by a committee of its member museums for its members, and is supported by the South East Museum Development Programme.
- Membership is open to accredited museums in Hampshire holding significant military collections. It is also open to museums and other bodies in Hampshire with significant military collections working towards accreditation.
- Agencies and organisations from inside or outside Hampshire whose remit includes providing support to member museums may be invited to meetings ‘in attendance’.
- A list of current members is held by the Museum Development Officers.
Particular objectives of HMMN are:
- To share information, knowledge, experience, skills and ideas
- To facilitate internal communication and collaboration between a wide range
of museums and a variety of different personnel in those museums
- To raise and sustain high standards of museum practice among members
through sharing case studies and other examples of good practice
The next meeting of the Hampshire Military Museums Network will be Thursday 5th March, 10am at Army Flying Museum (details TBC)
The current Steering Group as on November 2019 are:
- Chris Gale (The Rifles Museum ),
- Felicity Wood (Portsmouth Museums),
- Kevin Casey (The Diving Museum),
- Richard Gardner (Farnborough Air Sciences Trust ),
- Lucy Johnson (Army Flying Museum),
- Stephen Lowy (SEMDP),
- Katrina Burton (SEMDP).
To get involved, email email@example.com