The Hampshire Military Museums Network (HMMN) was founded in 2003 as a loose grouping (network) of naval, regimental, corps and other museums in Hampshire sharing a common interest and purpose in collecting, preserving, displaying and providing access to information and collections related to the military through the ages, and using and interpreting this material for the education and benefit of the public of all ages and backgrounds.
Particular objectives of HMMN are:
- To share information, knowledge, experience, skills and ideas
- To facilitate internal communication and collaboration between a wide range
of museums and a variety of different personnel in those museums
- To raise and sustain high standards of museum practice among members
through sharing case studies and other examples of good practice
- Membership is open to accredited museums in Hampshire holding significant military collections. It is also open to museums and other bodies in Hampshire with significant military collections working towards accreditation.
- Agencies and organisations from inside or outside Hampshire whose remit includes providing support to member museums may be invited to meetings ‘in attendance’.
Chair: Felicity Wood, Portsmouth Museums
Twice a year
Notes / presentations from network events are shared with members and often on the South East Museum Development website.