Physical and Virtual Exhibitions in Military Museums
Here you will find notes and presentations from the speakers at this network day.
Telling your story in military museums
- James Daly spoke about the ways in which the D-Day Story created engaging interpretation aimed at different audiences.
- Jess Boydon RAF Stories Manager at the RAF Museum spoke about their project RAF Stories: Capturing contemporary oral testimonies.
Virtual and Augmented reality in exhibitions
- Tom Garner, Claire Bailey-Ross and Brett Stevens from the Creative and Cultural Industries department, Portsmouth University, gave an introduction to AR, VR & Extended reality, the opportunities and limitations and some examples of how it has been in used in museums.
- Stuart Rodda from Southampton Art Gallery spoke about their experiences of using VR and AR.
Sourcing military images for exhibitions and displays
- Heather Needham from Hampshire Archives and Local Studies shared details of how to access and use images and digital resources they hold, and give practical tips on how military museums can make the best use of these resources.
- Nina Hadaway, Archive Library and Research Manager at the RAF Museum spoke on their work in making images available and how they are sharing content.
Additionally: 28 April 2021 notes