About the project
We are offering 20 spaces to support colleagues within the museum sector to undertake the Novice to Know How online training module in October with support from the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC).
The training will be a mix of online training and 2 virtual cohort sessions (each one will last about 90 minutes), providing tailored support during and after the modular online training. N2KH starts with a broad introduction to digital preservation issues and describes some of the ways to address these. It also explores the ways you can manage your digital collections and the technological solutions that can be deployed.
N2KH was commissioned by the National Archives and developed by the DPC to support non-specialists with the skills and confidence required to implement a simple and proactive digital preservation workflow within their organisation.
- Participants will need to commit to completing the Novice to Know How Training modules between 1st and 28th October 2021. The course typically takes around 18 hours to complete.
- Participants will be required to attend 2 x 90 minute workshop sessions (w/c 10th October and w/c 1 November 2021) to gain expert support and advice to develop their ideas, and a chance to ask questions.
- Preference will be provided for participants from museums that are Accredited or Working Towards Accreditation. Paid and volunteer colleagues are welcome to apply.
Monday 13 September (10am): Deadline for expression of interest
Monday 20 September : Successful applicants notified
1 – 28 October N2KH module
w/c 10 October first online cohort training looking at:
- How to write a digital preservation policy
- Ensure your digital preservation skills are appropriate for your organisation
w/c 1 November second online cohort training:
- How to best advocate for digital preservation in your organisation
- feedback on the N2KH module and where next
Expressions of Interest
Please submit your expression of interest via our short online survey by Monday 13 September, 10am.
If you would like a large print Word version of the expression of interest form please contact us at email@example.com.
As we are working with the DPC to provide this opportunity we will need to share your name, email address and organisation details with them. The DPC will not be using these details for any other purpose other than to register successful applicants onto the online platform to complete the course. You will be asked to to confirm your permission for us to do this in your EOI form.