South East Museum Development grants are funded by Arts Council England.
This popular scheme offers grants of up to £750 to help individuals (or teams) to engage with training and other continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
Individuals can be members of staff, volunteers, trustees, or freelancers who work directly with a museum in the region that is accredited, or formally working towards accreditation.
The grants should be used within 12 months of receiving the funds to support a range of activity, including:
- Enrolling in training courses
- Attending conferences
- Research & development excursions
- Team training
- Specialist advice
- Mentoring fees
There is a limited pot of funding available and we want to support as many museums as possible, so we ask you to consider the amount of your grant request carefully.
Deadline: We will assess applications monthly on a rolling basis. Scheme closes 1 March 2022.
Award: up to £750
How to apply
- Talk to your local Museum Development Officer before you submit your application.
- Read the Grant Guidance document below to help you prepare your application and understand our terms and conditions. Download here (PDF).
- Complete the online Skills Builder Grant Application Form.
If you require technical assistance or need the Application Form in an accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org