South East Museum Development grants are funded by Arts Council England.
This scheme offers grants of up to £750 to help individuals (or teams) to engage with training and other CPD activities that improve fundraising skills. Individuals can be members of staff, volunteers, or trustees.
These grants are intended to support advanced learning beyond the
introductory level we offer in our own training programme (see below).
- Grant Writing for Beginners (12 July 2021) – details here
- Grant Writing workshops (September 2021)
- Free 1:1 Grant Writing Surgeries – more information here
The grants should be used within 12 months of receiving the funds to support a range of activity, including:
- Individual (onsite) participation in the National Arts Fundraising School 2021; 7 to 12 November, Alfriston, East Sussex
- On-site group training by specialist trainer or consultant
- Mentoring by specialist trainer or consultant
Grants are available to South East museums (non-NPO, non-National) that are Accredited or formally Working Towards Accreditation.
There is a limited pot of funding available. We want to support as many museums as possible, so we ask you to consider the amount of your grant request carefully.
Applications open: 15 July 2021
Deadline: 30 September 2021
Successful candidates will be notified by 15 October 2021.
- Talk to your local Museum Development Officer before you submit your application.
- Read the Grant Guidance document below to help you prepare your application and understand our terms and conditions. download here (PDF).
- Complete the online Fundraising Skills Builder Grant Application Form.
If you require technical assistance or need the Application Form in an accessible format, please contact email@example.com