South East Museum Development grants are funded by Arts Council England.
This scheme offers grants of up to £750 to help museums develop fundraising and grant writing skills. They can be used to support individuals (or teams) to engage with training and other CPD activities that improve fundraising skills. Individuals can be members of staff, volunteers, or trustees.
These grants are intended to provide additional, bespoke or higher-level support than our current provision relating to Grant Writing. Please check out our training events first as they may meet your needs:
- Grant Writing for Beginners (12 July 2021)
- Grant Writing workshops (September 2021)
- Free 1:1 Grant Writing Surgeries – more information here
The grants should be used within 12 months of receiving the funds to support a range of activity, including:
- Individual (online) participation in the National Arts Fundraising School 2021; 7 September to 12 October 2021
- Individual (onsite) participation in the National Arts Fundraising School 2021; 7 to 12 November, Alfriston, East Sussex
- On-site group training by specialist trainer or consultant
- Mentoring by specialist trainer or consultant
Grants are available to South East museums (non-NPO, non-National) that are Accredited or formally Working Towards Accreditation.
There is a limited pot of funding available. We want to support as many museums as possible, so we ask you to consider the amount of your grant request carefully.
Applications open: 1 June 2021
Deadline: 19 June 2021
Successful candidates will be notified by 27 June 2021 (in time for the National Arts Fundraising School deadline of 30 June).
- Talk to your local Museum Development Officer before you submit your application.
- Read the Grant Guidance document below to help you prepare your application and understand our terms and conditions. Download here (PDF).
- Complete the online Fundraising Skills Builder Grant Application Form.
If you require technical assistance or need the Application Form in an accessible format, please contact email@example.com