South East Museum Development works closely with regional museum networks to provide targeted support, training, and advice at a local level. Our grant schemes are funded by Arts Council England.
This scheme offers grants of up to £2000 to help museum networks deliver local training, undertake research and development, or work collaboratively with their participating organisations.
The grants can be used to support a range of activity, including:
- Workforce training
- Collaborative marketing campaigns
- Digital investment/training
- Improvements to access, diversity, and inclusion
- Green initiatives
- Consultation fees for research that is relevant to the network’s purpose
- Local conferences/sharing events
- Up to 10% of the budget can be used towards overheads (refreshments, room hire, etc).
We encourage you to ‘think big’. Our small grants can be used as match funding, or to pilot ideas for larger grant requests to Arts Council England, National Lottery Heritage Fund, and other providers.
How much can I apply for?
Applicants can request funding up to £2000.
We want to support as many museums as possible, so we ask you to consider the amount of your grant request carefully.
When is the application deadline?
Applications are assessed monthly on a rolling basis until 1 March 2022.
There is a finite pot of funding available, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be notified within three weeks of the application deadlines.
Who can apply?
The grant is open to networks that support museums based in the south east of England – Surrey, East & West Sussex, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, and Kent.
The application must be submitted by a museum that is Accredited or formally Working Towards Accreditation in the region that is non-NPO, non-national.
We will accept applications from a cluster of organisations, provided the lead organisation meets the eligibility criteria.
How to apply?
- Contact your local Museum Development Officer (MDO) to discuss your application before you apply.
- Download and read the Grant Guidance (PDF)
- Complete the online Grant Application Form
- We can email you a PDF copy of your submitted form for reference.
- If you need the application form in an alternative format, please contact us on email@example.com