LAINet is a network supported by South East Museum Development. It was established in 2010 with the following aims:
- To act as an information network for museum staff and volunteers with responsibilities for learning, access and interpretation
- To facilitate internal and external communication, consultation and liaison
- To achieve economies of scale in joint initiatives
- To contribute to policy development and strategy formulation
- To help promote the collections and services of member museums
- To help raise standards in museum practice
LAINet was relaunched in November 2013. In 2019 it transferred back to Museum Development in the absence of an individual willing to take the lead.
Membership is open to staff and volunteers working in learning and interpretation across Hampshire Solent and beyond.
Berkshire Hampshire Solent
Twice a year
Presentations and notes from network days are shared via the Museum Development website.
- Delivering a seminar on curriculum change
- Working with Kids in Museums to hold an event about Takeover Day
- Visiting the Museum of London to find out about their use of digital technology for interpretation
- Promoting the Hampshire Solent museums offer at teachers’ conferences
- Sharing event exploring museums accessibility: ‘Museum for all’
- Seminar: ‘Maker Movement in Museums: Practical Ways to Bring Technology into Museums’