Accreditation and Spectrum 5.0 – the basics, The Longley RoomEvent Date:11 February 2020 10:00 am - 11 February 2020 4:00 pm
Location: The Longley Room, Crawley Library, Southgate Ave, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6HG
Additional info: http://www.crawley.gov.uk/pw/Learning/Libraries/
This session, led by Sarah Brown (Collections Trust), will focus on the documentation and information required for accountability and the museum Accreditation standard (requirement 5.2). Together we will review the latest Spectrum 5.0 primary procedures, with opportunities to reflect on how they are approached by your organisation and develop actions for improvement. Sarah will also highlight the key changes to the standard.
Delegates will be encouraged to participate through discussions and activities, and there will be plenty of opportunity for questions throughout.
We request that attendees bring examples of their organisation’s documentation procedures and plan, to share and discuss during the day.
The workshop will cover:
- An overview of Spectrum 5, including key changes.
- The primary procedures required for Museum Accreditation and accountability.
- What is a documentation backlog?
- How can we prevent documentation backlogs?
- The focus of the workshop will be the primary procedures, but there will be an opportunity for delegates to ask about any of the 21 procedures if needed.