Meet The Funder #3 – Art FundEvent Date:9 June 2021 11:00 am — 9 June 2021 12:15pm
In number 3 of the ‘Meet the Funder’ series we will introduce you to the Art Fund.
In a 40 minute talk we will learn about it’s background, current strategic aims and explore all the ways it is currently supporting museums and galleries. In particular this will cover grant programmes that will be open in June 2021, including:
- Acquisition grants
- Weston Loan Programme
- Jonathan Ruffer curatorial grants
- Student Opportunities
- Headley Fellowships
- SEMD Reimagine Grants (coming soon)
Examples and case studies to illustrate how funding and support programmes can relate to museum work will be used, and any signposting links to useful documentation will be sent to attendees after the meeting.
The speakers will be Emma Coleman, Art Fund Programme Manager & Merrin Kalinowski, Art Fund Museum Marketing Relationship Manager. The session will be hosted by one of our South East Museum Development Museum Development Officers.
Finally, there will also be a 30 minute open slot after the funder has left the call for any attendees who wish to continue discussions with fellow museums, or to further clarify anything from the session with the SEMD MDO facilitator.
The session will be held online via the SEMD’s Zoom account. You will not need Zoom installed on your hardware as you will access it via the invite link you will receive from us which will open the meeting in your web browser.
Please note: this event is being run by South East Museum Development. Therefore places are only available to organisations in the South East region. By signing up to the training you agree to adhere to our terms and conditions, including completing the post session evaluation.
By booking a place on to a South East Museum Development training event, you are agreeing to the following :
- To ensure fair distribution, only one representative from each museum can book a place on this training course. Additional bookings from the same museum will go on to a reserve list. Places on this training course will be confirmed by email.
- That you are either a paid staff, a volunteer or a trustee who works within or with a South East museum or heritage organisation which is in Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme (either fully accredited or working towards accreditation). Where this is not applicable (i.e. you are a non-accredited museum), you acknowledge that in the event that training is oversubscribed, priority will be given to museums or heritage organisations in the Arts Council England Accreditation Scheme.
- It is a condition of receiving the training provided without charge that the evaluation form is completed by the specified deadline in the email notification, unless a paper evaluation is specifically provided on the day of the training session for completion before the end of the session.