We are delighted to announce the launch of the South East Museum Development Digital Initiatives Fund!
The Digital Initiatives Fund encourages museums to experiment and take risks to devise new digital approaches in their work, whether an operational task, audience engagement or in collections management. The Fund has been created as part of the ACE funded South East Museums Development Programme and is open to all museums in the South East area, regardless of size or governance structure.
- The maximum grant available for any single organisation will be £500 per annum
- Museums applying in partnership with others can apply for an amount equivalent to a maximum of £500 each.
- No partnership funding is required.
- All projects should be completed within 6 months of receiving the funds.
- 100% of the grant will be provided on initial approval.
- A condition of the grant is that a case study form must be completed at the end of the project
What we fund
We know that ideas don’t always work out as intended, and we are not here to judge whether or not your digital idea is likely to deliver success. We also want our application process to be as simple as possible. Consequently, we will make our decisions based on your answers to the following questions:
- What is the challenge or opportunity you are addressing?
- We want to see that your idea responds to a particular challenge or opportunity, or a number of them
- It’s helpful for us to understand how this fits with your mission
- What is the outcome you think your idea could produce?
- What is the idea you want to test and how will your proposed testing provide the information you need to refine or reject your idea?
- Who has been involved in your idea to date, and how?