Kids in Museums Conference 2021Event Date:11 May 2021 9:45 am — 11 May 2021 4:15pm
The future of youth and family engagement in museums
Tuesday 11 May 2021, 9.45am-4.15pm
Join the Kids in Museums team for a virtual celebration of the best work going on in the UK and across the globe to involve children, young people and families in heritage.
They will reflect on where we are at as a sector and where they might be going in their work with children, young people and families in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a day packed full of inspiring case studies, best practice presentations, workshops and lightning talks, they will explore:
- how families feel about returning to museums
- how to meaningfully engage with young people, on topics such as #BlackLivesMatter and climate change
- how to create a family friendly and playful environment on a shoestring
- how to reach underrepresented families, including vulnerable and LGBTQ+ families
- how to engage older children through gaming
- how to include autistic young people and families onsite and online
- how museums can work with local partners to provide vital community services
- how to support young people’s wellbeing and mental health.
View the schedule:
The event is an opportunity to connect with the museum learning community, share challenges and discuss ways to improve your family offer in a friendly and positive environment.
The Kids in Museums Young Trustees and Youth Panel will be leading their own programme of sessions designed for those working with young people or starting their career in the sector. This includes a CV writing workshop and advice on turning youth engagement into organisational change.
The Kids in Museums Conference will be held on Zoom. If you have any access requirements, please get in touch using the address below:
Standard tickets: £20
Recording Only tickets (for those unable to attend on the day): £10
They are offering 30 free places for young people (under 25) who are not in full time employment. They also have a limited number of discounted places for freelancers and staff who have been made redundant.
Please email them for further details on how to claim your discounted ticket: email@example.com
Will you be joining on the day? Let people know on social media using the hashtag #KIMConf21.