East Sussex in FiguresEvent Date:27 May 2021 10:00 am — 27 May 2021 2:00pm
The 3VA (Supporting Voluntary Action across Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden) are hosting a training event examining the need to evidence your work using different data sources.
In assembling your grant application it is very important to evidence the need for your project using different sources. This four-hour online course will help you understand the resources available on the ESiF website and to become confident in extracting data in a variety of formats to suit your needs.
This course will show you how to:
- explore data relating to unemployment, deprivation, ethnicity, economy, housing, population, etc
- view tables, charts and maps for different subjects, e.g. housing, employment and transport
- create area profiles that allow users to extract data for a chosen geographical area
- access the latest data available on any topic and analyse changes over time
- explore data for wards, parishes and Super Output Areas (geographical units developed by the Office for National Statistics), as well as for the county and districts of East Sussex
- compare the local picture with the regional and national situation
- investigate the results of representative sample surveys carried out locally
- access over 50 static maps
There will be a Q&A session at the end where you will have an opportunity to ask any specific questions.
This course is suitable for anyone who needs data about East Sussex to support:
- bids for funding
- strategy or plan making
- commissioning services
- assessments and monitoring performance
Please note that priority will be given to the groups working across 3VA areas (Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden). The numbers are strictly limited to 12 people per course, a maximum of 2 representatives from each organization will have a confirmed place and further registrations will be put on a waiting list.
Tim Carpenter, East Sussex in Figures Co-ordinator – Research and Information
Find out more and book