If you believe your museum is within 4 to 8 weeks of closure:
- contact your Museum Development Officer at SEMDP and the team from AIM to discuss your options
- review the Accessing Emergency Funding Flowchart created by West Midlands Museum Development
- book a confidential, structured conversation with your Museum Development Officer to review your museum’s position, talk through the option available to you and help identify the actions you need to take. SEMDP have secured pro bono advice on the legal and governance issues you may be facing.
- refer to AIM’s Covid-19 Action Checklist – a user-friendly, 10-point guide to identify actions you need to take.
- read the Museum Association’s document, “Museums Facing Closure: Legal and Ethical Issues”, produced with funding from Arts Council England, 2017
- work through ACE’s Managing Financial Difficulties Guide and Toolkit