Are you looking for a conservator to carry out treatments to historic objects and art works?
Finding a Conservator
Start with the Conservation Register www.conservationregister.com.
This is a database of Accredited Conservator-Restorers (ACR) managed by Icon (the Institute of Conservation). Accredited conservators have demonstrated they have a high level of skill and experience in their relevant specialism and follow a code of ethics.
Check ICON (Institute of Conservation) for their series of ‘Care of Conservation of…’ leaflets available as pdfs which are a good resource for caring for the different materials in your collections.
Funding conservation work
- Association of Independent Museums: https://www.aim-museums.co.uk/for-aim-members/grants/collections-care-conservation-grants/
- Charles Hayward: Heritage and Conservation – Charles Hayward (charleshaywardfoundation.org.uk)
- Idlewild Trust: Our programmes | Idlewild Trust
- Leche Trust: The Leche Trust
- NMCT: The NMCT helps preserve important manuscript and archive collections by awarding grants for their conservation. | National Manuscripts Conservation Trust
- Art Fund? Apply for funding – Art Fund
- NLHF has also reopened its grants programme New project funding and loans to support sector resilience | The National Lottery Heritage Fund
It is also worth checking out the Heritage Funding Directory: Heritage Funding Directory (heritagefundingdirectoryuk.org)