Arts Council England are pleased to be partnering once again this year with Whitechapel Gallery to offer a series of professional development courses for curators and museum professionals.
This series is targeted at both early-career and more experienced curators, whether new to the topic or wishing to refresh and expand their existing knowledge. These hands-on courses will draw on the expertise of staff from across Whitechapel Gallery and other industry experts. Each course will focus on practical training and use current projects as case studies, allowing attendees to gain valuable guidance and insight from behind the scenes.
Arts Council England are pleased to confirm that one of our courses titled, How to curate with communities, will be held at MIMA, Middlesbrough.
Taking place in June and July, the courses will cover the following topics:
- How to publish exhibition catalogues
- Writing for the exhibition
- How to fundraise – grants and foundations
- How to curate participatory art projects – schools and teachers
- How to curate with communities (MIMA)
- How to curate public events and performance
- Curating moving image
- How to curate an exhibition – touring exhibitions and partnerships
- How to create a communications campaign
- How to curate an exhibition – archive displays
Places normally cost £195, but curators and museum professionals are invited to apply for one of 50 funded places offered by the Art Fund. More details and information on how to apply can be found on our website. The deadline for applications is Friday 30 May.