Aims of the Group
- To provide a more structured and collaborative liaison between education/Learning Officers and all related staff
- The collaboration should lead to sharing of ideas and resources.
- To provide a central database of contacts/organizations and resources for members to easily access
Objectives of LLF
- To raise professional standards and promote professional codes of behaviour among its members
- To provide a strategic approach to regional issues to support education staff throughout S.E. region
- To represent, promote and advocate on behalf of its members to external bodies
- To undertake any activity that furthers the interests of heritage organisations throughout the SE region.
The LLF is open to all staff and volunteers of Heritage organisations throughout the Sussex, Surrey and periphery areas within said locality.
Meetings are roughly quarterly
The meeting location will move around the member venues in turn
Chairmanship and Secretariat
The Vice-Chairman in Haidee Thomas, Museum Learning and Support Officer for Surrey Museums Partnership; and Hon. Sec is Kay Topping, Education Officer at Haslemere Museum email@example.com
Notes from meetings are circulated directly to members, and posted on the LLF page of the Forum section of the Sussex Museums Group website (http://www.sussexmuseums.co.uk/members/viewforum.php?f=7 )