The Museum Facilities Managers Forum is a peer-to-peer learning group exclusively for facilities managers of museums and galleries to:
- Share experiences of energy and water efficiency, waste reduction, security, maintenance and other facilities management issues and solutions
- Visit other organisations’ sites to see first hand projects implemented and technologies installed
- Gain ideas for initiatives to undertake and input from peers on projects in development
- Share recommendations for suppliers, finance models and potential funding schemes
The forum is free to join and meetings free to attend, funded by the South East Museum Develop Programme and
co-ordinated by the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC.
Who can join?
The forum is open to those with responsibility for premises management, energy efficiency and sustainability and/or security at museums and galleries, which may include facilities, general or office managers, volunteers or museum curators. Activities will be focused in Sussex and Surrey, however organisations outside of this region are still welcome to get involved.
- Quarterly forum meetings – Each hosted by a different museum or gallery and focusing on topics pre-chosen by attendees as well as those specific to the site.
- Helpline – Advice and guidance provided by the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC on topics covered at the forum and wider environmental issues. Phone 01273 964239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please visit the website here!
Museum Lighting Guide
This practical guide is designed to help those working or volunteering in museums to understand the main aspects of museum lighting and how to plan a lighting project. It has a particular focus on LED lighting; the technology is rapidly improving bringing a range of new lighting options to market.
The guide also aims to introduce terminology used by lighting suppliers and contractors so that museum personnel can more confidently brief contactors to ensure desired outcomes are achieved.
It was written by SEMDP and the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC http://www.sustainablebusiness.org.uk , with significant contributions and case studies from members of the SEWS Museum Facilities Managers Forum http://www.sustainablebusiness.org.uk/museums