Training for Museum Mentors: Supporting Museums through Financial UncertaintyEvent Date:9 March 2021 12:00 pm — 9 March 2021 1:15pm
Training for Museum Mentors: Supporting Museums through financial uncertainty
London Museum Development and South East Museum Development have teamed up to offer training for professionals who are actively working as mentors for museums in London and the South East.
This training session, delivered by museum consultant, Adrian Babbidge, is specifically designed to help mentors who are working with museums at times of financial uncertainty and challenge. Adrian will guide you through the process of recognising and understanding the signs of financial distress using a checklist of risks and mitigations and will signpost you to possible sources of funding and support.
This session will help you to:
- Understand and assess your mentored museum’s financial situation
- Consider and assess available options
- Advise your mentored museum regarding options and how to take control
- Understand the status of collections as assets in a charitable organisation
- Monitor progress to assist the mentored organisation to maintain organisational resilience
- Know where to go for additional advice and support.
To book your place please use the online booking form on the London Museum Development website.
Please indicate which museum you are mentor for in the text box ‘How will this training benefit your role and organisation?, when completing your booking.