Grant Writing for BeginnersEvent Date:12 July 2021 2:00 pm — 12 July 2021 3:30pm
Are you new to applying for grants for your museum? Have you tried to get grants but not been successful?
Even if you have received grants in the past – do you need a reminder of what to consider before investing time in making an application?
This introductory training event will provide an overview of the most popular funder and help you to:
- Decide whether your project idea is fundable
- Understand the needs of the funder
- Understand the needs of the applicant
- Understand the difference between outcomes and outputs
- How to tell the story clearly
This event is open to any trustee, staff or volunteer that is involved in trying to secure grants for your museum. It is most relevant to people with limited experience of bid writing, and those who have not been successful with bids in the past.
The training is led by Sonia Rasbery, freelance consultant, who delivers the South East Museum Development 1:1 Grant Writing Surgeries for museums in the south east Free Grant-Writing Surgeries for South East Museums – South East Museum Development
Please note: this event is being run by South East Museum Development. Therefore places are only available to organisations in the South East region. By signing up to the training you agree to adhere to our terms and conditions, including completing the post session evaluation.
By booking a place on to a South East Museum Development training event, you are agreeing to the following :
- To ensure fair distribution, only one representative from each museum can book a place on this training course. Additional bookings from the same museum will go on to a reserve list. Places on this training course will be confirmed by email.
- That you are either a paid staff, a volunteer or a trustee who works within or with a South East museum or heritage organisation which is in Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme (either fully accredited or working towards accreditation). Where this is not applicable (i.e. you are a non-accredited museum), you acknowledge that in the event that training is oversubscribed, priority will be given to museums or heritage organisations in the Arts Council England Accreditation Scheme.
- It is a condition of receiving the training provided without charge that the evaluation form is completed by the specified deadline in the email notification, unless a paper evaluation is specifically provided on the day of the training session for completion before the end of the session.