Hampshire Solent Museum Development Programme supported access and security reviews for Accredited Museums, or those working towards Accreditation
All museums that are Accredited or Working Towards Accreditation require regularly updated reviews of their access and security provision.
The Accreditation Standard includes the following requirements:
2.8. The museum must obtain expert security advice for stored and exhibited collections at least
3.1. The museum must offer and develop good-quality, stimulating services for users and potential users, in order to get the best out of its collections, resources and local area.
SEMDP recognise that these requirements can pose a draw on limited resources, where the museums do not have the expertise within their teams or partners to conduct such reviews in-house. In order to help, applications are sought by museums who would like to receive support with this requirements.
The successful museums will:
- Receive professional help from an expert commissioned by SEMDP who will conduct the review of your museums.
- Discuss the results of the review with the expert to find practical solutions
To be eligible, museums must be:
- Formally Accredited (full or provisional) or Working Towards Accreditation
- Located in Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton or the Isle of Wight
- Unable to conduct such reviewes in-house
- Committed to using this opportunity to improve their operation
- Capable of providing full access to their premises for the expert on the agreed date in March 2016
Deadline for applications is Friday, 19 February 2016. The review will be conducted in March.