The panel consists of up 11 members who serve 3 year terms, meeting quarterly. The panel aims to:
- Support the South East Museum Development to understand the support needs of the Berkshire, Hampshire Solent museums community.
- Shape the development of future activity plans.
- Inform and guide the work of the Museum Development team by providing local knowledge and offering specialist expertise, acting as ‘critical friends’.
- Provide insight on key local issues.
- Act as a ‘champion’ for museums in Berkshire, Hampshire Solent.
- Monitor the progress of Museum Development activities..
Membership of the Panel is by open competition. We are looking for well informed and forward thinking individuals from the Berkshire Hampshire Solent area. Anyone who has recent museum experience as paid staff, volunteer or trustee is invited to apply. More details are in the Terms of Reference for the Panel.
If you would like to make a positive contribution to the work of the Museum Development team, please send us a summary CV with a covering letter outlining your reasons for applying and your aptitude for the role. The deadline for applications is Monday 17th June 2016. Applications will be reviewed by the Chair of the Panel and the Museum Development Team, applicants will be invited to attend an informal interview to discuss their application shortly after the deadline.
For further information please see the attachment or contact us. Please circulate this information to your colleagues and others in your networks who may be interested.