Amberley Museum is a 36 acre site located in the heart of the South Downs National Park, dedicated to showcasing and preserving the working past of the South of England. Set in a chalk and lime-making quarry, key features include a narrow-gauge steam railway and vintage bus service, together with a number of diverse exhibition halls and demonstration areas including printing, electricity, communications, woodworking, pottery, and glass making.
We are looking to add to our Board membership, seeking people with a passion for heritage and the ability to think strategically, assess opportunities and manage risk, provide oversight of staff and volunteers, and with experience of business management in either the public, private, or voluntary sectors.
In particular, we are seeking candidates with skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Legal, including Governance
- Financial Management, including the Treasury function
- Marketing, including Social Media. Museum website: http://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk/
- Contact: To find out more and receive a Trustee’s Briefing Note, please contact Richard Vernon, Chairman, Board of Trustees:
- Time commitment: Up to six to eight meetings per year (evening) plus potential involvement in Committee work and special projects. Trustees would be also expected to attend and represent the Museum at partnership events, meetings and functions.