The Advisory Panel is a conduit between the wider museum community and the Museum Development Programme and ensures that their activities remain relevant to the needs of the local museums. The Panel Members, collectively and individually, act as ‘critical friends’ to the Museum Development Officers by informing and guiding their work.
The work of the Advisory Panel encompasses:
- Supporting the Museum Development team to understand the support needs of the Berkshire Hampshire Solent museums community.
- Shaping the development of future activity plans.
- Informing and guiding the work of the Museum Development team by providing local knowledge and offering specialist expertise, acting as ‘critical friends’.
- Providing insight on key local issues.
- Acting as a ‘champion’ for museums in Berkshire Hampshire Solent.
- Providing an opportunity for communication with the wider South East Museum Development team.
There are 11 panel members, selected to represent the diversity of museums across Berkshire Hampshire Solent. Panel members serve a term of 3 years, with an option to renew at the end of a term.
Vacancies will be publicised via the South East Museum Development website when they become available.
Two guest seats are available for anyone wishing to join a meeting of the Panel. Please get in touch if you are interested in taking up this opportunity.
Chair: Christopher Gale, The Rifles Museum
Vice-chair: Corina Westwood, Isle of Wight Heritage Service
Berkshire Hampshire Solent
Minutes are taken by the Museum Development Officers and circulated to Panel members.