The Isle of Wight Museums Forum is supported by the Hampshire Solent Museum Development Programme. It’s an information and learning network for museums on the Isle of Wight. Membership is open to: Accredited museums based on the Isle of Wight; Island museums or other bodies actively working towards Accreditation; and public agencies and organisations whose remit includes the support or provision of Island museums.
Its aims are:
- To act as an information and learning network
- To facilitate internal and external communication, consultation and liaison
- To achieve economies of scale in joint initiatives
- To contribute to policy development and strategy formulation
- To help promote the Island’s heritage and the care of collections
- To help raise standards in museum practice
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.