The Isle of Wight Museums Forum is supported by South East Museum Development. It’s an information and learning network for museums on the Isle of Wight. Its aims are:
- To act as an information and learning network
- To facilitate internal and external communication, consultation and liaison
- To achieve economies of scale in joint initiatives
- To contribute to policy development and strategy formulation
- To help promote the Island’s heritage and the care of collections
- To help raise standards in museum practice
Membership is open to:
- Accredited museums based on the Isle of Wight
- Island museums or other bodies actively working towards Accreditation
- Public agencies and organisations whose remit includes the support or provision of Island museums.
The Isle of Wight Museums Forum operates with a rotating chair.
Isle of Wight
Twice a year
Minutes are taken by a volunteer at each meeting and circulated to Forum members.