A thriving volunteer team will see volunteers come and go as their personal circumstances change. Where the volunteering experience is rich and rewarding, volunteers will continue to support the museum and encourage others to get involved.
But part of ensuring that everyone has a positive experience is also knowing when and how to address challenging situations.
- Advice on supporting volunteers from Association of Inependent Museums
- Recognising & valuing volunteers advice from Volunteer Scotland
- Delivering training to your volunteer team guidance from Museum of London
- REACH guide to recruiting and retaining Trustees
- Evaluation of Trustee recruitment & succession planning advice from REACH
- Volunteer Scotland guidance on Managing Challenging Volunteer situations (2013)
- If volunteering goes wrong NCVO advice. Dismissing a volunteer NCVO advice