Museums are using many different avenues to recruit the volunteers they need, from word-of-mouth to advertising on volunteering portals, from community open days to social media.
The key is to identify the skills you need and then think about the best way to target your message to reach people with those skills.
Many people are unaware of the volunteering opportunities available in their local area, so it’s important to use your words and images to inspire people and promote the benefits of volunteering.
- AIM guide to Successfully Recruiting & Retaining Volunteers (2013)
- Top Tips on Promoting your volunteer opportunities (2020)
- NCVO guidance on recruiting volunteers
- Successfully recruiting Trustees to your board
- Museums Worcestershire Volunteer Recruitment short introductory video (2021)