Every museum needs good processes and procedures in place to manage and support their volunteers, and to ensure the volunteering experience is good for both the museum and the volunteer.
Volunteer Toolkit – advice on setting up and managing a volunteering programme from the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter
- Guide to writing a Volunteer Policy
- Volunteer Agreement template
- Example of role description and application form from Maidstone Museum
- Examples of Policy, Handbook, Agreement etc. from Royal Engineers Museum (2014)
- Confidentiality & data protection template from SW Museum Development
- Legal Considerations around volunteer management – Advice from 2016 session. NCVO advice