Family-friendly Museums : see your offer for families thrive!Event Date:3 June 2019 10:30 am - 3 June 2019 3:45 pm
Monday 3rd June 2019, 10.30am-3.45pm
Venue : The Novium Museum, Chichester
Families are a key audience for many museums but is there more you could offer to encourage families of all shapes and sizes to visit, and to come back?
This one-day training event will offer ideas, hints and practical low cost tips on developing your offer for your family audiences.
Covering everything from how to market to families to creating child-friendly labels, from hosting a Takeover Day to making your café more family-friendly, this day is perfect for those who are keen to see their offer for families and young people thrive!
The day is being organised by Kids in Museums [https://kidsinmuseums.org.uk/] in conjunction with South East Museum Development. Using the updated Kids in Museums manifesto as a framework, the day will include a chance to share thoughts and address challenges, case study examples and some practical ideas and resources to take away.
This FREE event is open to staff and volunteers working in all areas in museums across the south east.
· Gain an understanding of how the Kids in Museums manifesto can be used as a framework to make practical changes that improve the family offer.
· Draw inspiration from a range of case studies and low cost practical examples of family-friendly provision and resources.
· Discover the benefits of getting involved with Takeover Days and Teen Digital takeovers.
· Have an opportunity to discuss and find solutions for some of the challenges encountered when providing for family audiences.
· Complete a practical action plan with next steps for themselves and their organisation.
10.30am Arrival. Tea & coffee
10.45am Children, young people and families : the national and local context
11.00am What is family-friendly? Discussing the Kids in Museums manifesto
11.35am Practical, low cost solutions
12.05pm Case study
1.00pm Takeover days and Teen Digital Takeovers
1.50pm Developing ideas
2.30pm Action plans and looking at individual challenges
3.15pm Support and resources available
3.30pm Final questions and next steps
This training event will be repeated on 24th October 2019 in Kent, venue to be confirmed.
For details on travel to the venue please visit