The SEMDP Collections Care Grant fund is open to all accredited or formally working towards accreditation museums in the South East. We encourage applications for projects and/or development activities that contribute to one or more of the following:
- Purchase of equipment or materials to improve collections care and/or preventive conservation.
- Collections care training for staff or volunteers.
- Consultancy or specialist costs towards conservation audits/assessment of specific objects.
How much can I apply for?
Your museum can apply for up to a maximum £2,000 from our Collections Care Grants.
Only museums who have received a collections audit from their local MDO are eligible, please contact the team to start this process.
If you are seeking funding for a larger collections care or conservation project, you can submit an application to our Level Up: Improvement Grant.
When can I submit an application?
The Collections Care Grant will remain open until the grant fund is spent. There are therefore no set deadlines, and applications will be considered on a first-come/first-served basis. The final date for us to receive applications is 12pm on the 31st January 2020.
How do I submit an application?
- Contact your MDO to discuss your application.
- Read the guidance document below to help you with your application.
- Complete a Collections Care Grant Application Form. Only fully completed forms will be considered and processed.
Download the guidance notes and application form using the links below.