The Sustainable Business Partnership CIC, a not-for-profit organisation, have been working with museums across the South East to help them improve the energy and water efficiency of their premises and minimise waste; saving money and reducing environmental impact.
They offer a free, impartial environmental helpline, covering topics such as:
- Environmental Policy
- Recycling and waste ‘Duty of Care’
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficient lighting
- Staff, volunteer and visitor engagement
…as well as a number of tools to help you monitor utility usage and spend and identify initiatives for improvement:
- Utility Monitoring Spreadsheet – track energy and water consumption
- Lighting Replacement Calculator – work out potential energy and cost savings
- Walk-Around Checklist – identify low-cost, quick-win measures you can implement
- Energy Tariff Calculator – compare quotes, taking into account your actual energy usage and standing charges
If you have a helpline question or would like a copy of the Sustainability Tools, contact the Sustainable Business Partnership CIC on 01444 477501 or email@example.com.
Case studies of museums and other organisations they have worked with can be found at: www.sustainablebusiness.org.uk/case-studies