From 15 June 2020
We are offering free, one-hour 1-2-1 marketing surgeries to help museums create or revise their marketing communications strategy in advance of reopening after the Covid-19 lockdown.
Help reassure your audiences (staff and volunteers, local communities and visitors) about reopening safely and clearly articulate what visitors can expect when they visit.
Consider your digital and onsite communications ahead of reopening and reshape your audience engagement strategy as part of your museum’s recovery plan. We have 30 surgeries available with marketing consultant, Jo Finn from 15 June 2020.
Our surgeries can be tailored to suit your museum’s needs. For example, do you need advice on getting started with a reopening marketing plan, tips on how to take an idea forward, or are you simply looking for someone to sense-check your strategy?
To book a surgery, please contact your regional Museum Development Officer (MDO) with the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- Museum name and accreditation status
- A short description on how marketing is managed in your museum
- Is there a committed budget to support your marketing plans?
- What questions would you like to discuss during the surgery?
- How you want to be contacted for the surgery (phone / Zoom / GoogleMeet / Skype / Whats App)
- Contact name, email, phone number for the surgery (and Skype username if wanting to use that; email alone is fine for Zoom or Google Meet)
- Whether you would like your Museum Development Officer to attend the virtual meeting (Y/N).
- IMPORTANT: If you already have a marketing plan, please send it along with your Expression of Interest
For more information, or to book a slot, please email your Museum Development Officer (see list below).
This support is only available to museums in the South East (Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Kent).
Our priority is to work with non-NPO, non-National museums that are Accredited or formally working towards Accreditation.
If you are a South East museum, but fall outside the criteria above, please still get in touch. If we have space available, we will try to accommodate you.
About Jo Finn
Brighton-based freelancer Jo Finn is a CIM-qualified arts marketing professional. With over 20 years’ experience, she has worked with a wealth of cultural venues including the British Museum, Whitechapel Gallery, Wellcome Collection, British Library, Glyndebourne, Charleston House, the Old Royal Naval College and Science Gallery London.
Jo has successfully promoted exhibitions and events, literary and visual arts festivals, education and youth programmes, live music and lates, prizes and funding opportunities, digitisation projects and library archives. She has also worked in web development, e-commerce, publishing, retail, venue hire and partnerships.
Her broad marketing communications skillset ranges from strategy and planning through to hands-on implementation and campaign evaluation.
You might also be interested in attended one of our ‘marketing for reopening’ online forums.