The Kent Museums Group is a membership organisation (open to all museums and individuals working/volunteering in museums in Kent & Medway) working to improve the quality of museum provision in Kent to nationally approved standards whilst providing active support and representation for its members on a regional and national level.
- To raise standards across every aspect of museum operation and function by contributing to the training of members and supporting them through the Accreditation process.
- To host topical meetings for members and other interested parties in order to provide a forum and to facilitate the sharing of skills and experience.
- To provide a central link for members to the network of regional and national agencies in the heritage sector and to raise issues of concern where necessary on behalf of our members.
- To coordinate and disseminate information about those collections and their associated evidence held in Kent’s museums.
- To raise public awareness of the quality of museum provision in Kent whilst promoting public access to Kent’s material culture.