1. Mission Statement
2. Role and purpose
The Kent & Medway Learning and Access Group (KMLAG) enables the exchange of information, shared learning and discussion between the museums in Kent & Medway with a learning/education, access, community engagement and interpretation focus.
Its objectives are:
- advocacy for audience development and engagement in Kent & Medway;
- celebrating and sharing best practice;
- being a forum for innovation;
- offering peer2peer support;
- seeking opportunities for collaborative working beyond the group;
- identify joint funding opportunities and projects
- Paid Learning/Education Officers of all museum and heritage organisations in Kent & Medway
- Kent & Medway MDO
- Kent County and Medway Council representatives
- KMLAG members may invite to attend meetings any individual(s) deemed necessary to further the work of the group
The KMLAG network will meet once a year (in September) to set the priority themes for ‘peer2peer’ networking sessions. These sessions will be delivered with the support of the MDO.
The meeting location will move around the member venues in turn, or be held at a mutually convenient or central location.
No money to cover travel, or any other expenses, is available via the group.
Chairing and Secretariat
Chairing and secretariat services will be undertaken by each member in turn, usually the ‘host’.
A basic agenda will be prepared and circulated a week in advance of the meetings for attendees to give them due consideration.
Simple notes detailing themes and priorities for peer2peer sessions will be drafted.
The host will be responsible for these activities.
An email contact list will be circulated at the September meeting.
5. Approval and Tenure
The Terms of Reference were approved on 17th September 2014 and will be reviewed annually.