Visitor Services Supervisor (part-time), Watts Gallery Artists’ VillageLocation:Compton, Near Guildford, Surrey Salary:£19,000-£23,000 pa pro rata Main duties:
- Ensure that Front of House are briefed daily ensuring awareness of all daily public events for communication with visitors.
- Ensure Volunteer Stewards receive an excellent welcome and briefing before their shifts.
- Work closely with the Estates team, reporting any health, safety or technical problems effecting visitors’ experience.
- Work closely with the Estates Manager to ensure security of the estate and to lock and alarm the buildings in the absence of the estates team for example evening events and weekends.
- Support the recruitment, induction, training and appraisal of volunteers, helping to augment and diversify the current team.
- In the absence of the Visitor Services Manager, with the other Supervisors, be the point of contact for
- Help to ensure that the rota runs smoothly with adequate cover in place.
- Work closely with the Front of House team to ensure a consistent and enjoyable visitor experience, contributing to training as required.
- Work with the Head of Operations to maximise physical and intellectual access on site, supporting visitors with additional needs.
- Ensure familiarity with all Fire and Health & Safety procedures and provide training for volunteers and other staff as required in consultation with Estates
Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication – with the ability to communicate well with a wide range of people.
• Experience of working in a customer-facing environment.
• Experience of working with volunteers is desirable.
• Good IT skills.
Knowledge & Qualifications
• High standard of written English and numeracy.
• A knowledge or qualification in First Aid, Health & Safety or willingness to undertake training.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Proactive and resourceful.
• Confident dealing with a wide range of people.
This is an exciting and important role in the day-to-day running of Watts Gallery Artists’ Village, a developing multi-site museum, gallery and heritage estate in Compton, Guildford, founded by G F and Mary Watts in the late 19th century.
The Visitor Services Supervisor is part of a team of three supervisors reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, sharing daily Duty Managing responsibilities, ensuring volunteer stewards receive a supportive and enjoyable volunteer experience, and ensuring the safety and enjoyment of visitors and the security of the collection.
The Visitor Services team works with Marketing, Front of House and Estates to ensure excellent visitor services.
Hours: 3 days a week across 7 days
Watts Gallery Trust is committed to addressing inequality in the arts and ensuring equality of opportunity in employment. We consider diversity a strength and are keen to make our workforce more representative of different backgrounds and experiences. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or minority ethnic, young, disabled, LGBTQI+, working class, or living or working in areas of socioeconomic deprivation in our region.Full details [external link]