Visitor Services Supervisor – Café (PT/FT contracts available)Reference No.VSM20 Location:Rochester House, 42 Pembroke St, Oxford OX1 1BP Salary:£18,500 - £19,500 pro rata Benefits:• Be part of team that is committed to sharing great stories and is driven by its values: • Being brave and resourceful • Offering a warm welcome and a satisfied goodbye • Always learning and growing • Being seriously playful • Help to make a tangible difference to improving word poverty through story both at the Museum and through outreach programmes. • Help create a wonder - the world’s first Story Museum. • Work with colleagues for whom exploring cultural differences and working to increase inclusion is integral to their working day. • Benefit from Continuing Personal & Professional Development programmes and regular team briefings and training sessions. • Opportunities for flexible working including part-time, job share and time off in lieu. Receive access to an Employee Support Programme which offers confidential advice and counselling. • Work in an organisation where everyone gets paid above the National Living Wage and gets 25 days annual leave a year (pro rata) plus bank holidays. • Join a pension scheme with a 5% company contribution. • Benefit from exclusive offers and concessions in the shop, café and for entry to the galleries and special events. Main duties:
Museum café & bar
- Maintain a high quality customer service.
- Deliver and delegate all elements of café operations both front and back of house.
- Prepare fresh hot and cold food for display and sale on a daily basis eg sandwiches, salads, soups, potatoes.
- Maintain good presentation of cakes and other produce.
- Make great coffee products and understand the process to ensure quality is maintained.
- Produce and serve other hot drinks such as teas and hot chocolates.
- Clear the crockery to the kitchen, wash up or stack the dishwasher and put away clean crockery, cutlery and equipment.
- Oversee or close down, the daily food offer and equipment .
- Ensure efficient clearing and cleaning takes place.
- Process sales through the till or tablet as necessary, taking money and issuing change.
- Reconcile the till at the end of the day.
- Monitor stock levels, be responsible for reordering items and for receiving deliveries.
- Upsell all other products including full Museum offer and encourage Visitor Services Assistants to do the same.
The Story Museum are looking for two people with a love of good food and with previous experience of providing a high quality customer service in a busy food service environment. You should be excited at the thought of providing our Museum visitors with a memorable food experience to add to the enjoyment of their visit. You will be responsible for the Story Museum café when the Café Cook Manager is off site and will supervise the Visitor Services Assistants when they are working the Café and the Bar.
The Museum Café is open 7 days a week during school holidays which means we are looking for someone who wants to work 4-5 days a week and someone else (P-T) who only wants to work 3 days a week.
Main purpose of the role
- To be responsible for the café operation on a daily basis and to manage Visitor Service Assistants and volunteers in the café.
- Ensure an efficient high quality food and drinks service is provided to all our visitors.
- Maintain high food safety and quality standards.