Visitor Experience Intern, Petersfield MuseumLocation:Petersfield, Hampshire Salary:£8,872 for the six-month, fixed term period of employment Benefits:11 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) Main duties:
- Assist with the research, preparation and implementation of the Museum’s front of house procedures, both in advance of the Museum’s re-opening and once the Museum is welcoming visitors
- Support the Museum’s volunteer programme, giving support, training and monitoring progress
- Be a key point of contact for visitors, ensuring all have an enjoyable and informative experience, especially with regard to enhanced safety measures and Covid-19 security procedures
- Welcome visitors to the Museum, selling tickets, memberships and merchandise, promoting events and helping with visitor orientation
- Assist with the marketing and promoting of the Museum and its programme of events, including using the organisation’s social media platforms
- Assist the Engagement Department with planning exciting family holiday activities to enhance our visitors’ experience
- To help develop and deliver holiday activities as well as train volunteers to be able to do so to
- To support the Engagement team in the running of Museum events (mainly digital at the current time)
- Assist with the gathering and monitoring of visitor feedback to inform what we do and identify opportunities for change and improvement
- Contribute and deliver ideas to enhance visitor experience and the customer journey across the Museum
- Any other comparable duties, as required
Interview date:30/11/2020 Closing date:12/11/2020 Job Description:
Visitor Experience Intern
Six-month, fixed term contract (starting January 2021)
Salary: £8,872 for the six-month, fixed term period of employment
Petersfield Museum is looking for a Visitor Experience Intern to join our team at an exciting point in our ambitious NLHF supported project, transforming the Museum’s buildings, exhibitions and programmes, hugely increasing what we can offer to the public.
The project will create the capacity to ensure that the Museum is successfully integrated into the visitor destination of the South Downs National Park at the same time as being strongly rooted in the local community, putting Petersfield Museum on the map for local people and visitors alike.
This internship offers the opportunity to gain invaluable experience of working in a museum with regionally and nationally important collections, help deliver on key aspects of a significant National Lottery Heritage Funded project and gain an understanding and overview of how a heritage site manages its front of house operations, visitor welcome and family programme.
At a pivotal point in its history, as Petersfield Museum is relaunched to the public, with a new interpretative scheme and exciting programme of activity and events, the Visitor Experience Intern will work closely with the Museum Director and Engagement team to gain an overview of visitor welcome and the project management and planning of public programmes, particularly relating to families.
Over a six-month period, the Visitor Experience Intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the development and delivery of key aspects of the Pathways into the Past project. The internship will give the opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to gain teamwork and project management skills, begin to develop a network of professional contacts and to implement learning in practical challenges.
For further details, please visit www.petersfieldmuseum.co.uk/careers to download a job pack
If you are interested, please apply by emailing your CV with a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the position and why you would like to work at Petersfield Museum to:
Dan McWilliam, Museum Director, Petersfield Museum Project Office at: email@example.com
Closing date: 5:00pm, Thursday 12 November 2020
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 30 November 2020 (provisional date).
Full details [external link]