Trusts & Foundations Manager, Watts GalleryInterview date:11/02/2021 Closing date:01/02/2021 Job Description:
Reports to: Head of Development
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
The post holder, supported by the Head of Development, will secure gifts from charitable trusts and foundations and make a significant contribution to increasing Watts Gallery Trust’s network of active support from trusts, foundations and statutory funders. This will include engaging new and existing supporters with the Trust’s future plans, composing sophisticated funding applications and facilitating relationships with funders.
• Identifying and developing opportunities to generate and/or increase income from trusts, foundations and grant making bodies.
• Drafting, submitting and successfully managing the progress of all funding applications and working with colleagues to develop strong cases for support within required deadlines.
• Liaising directly with key contacts in trusts, foundations and grant making bodies to establish important dates and criteria in order to strengthen applications.
• Developing, reviewing, and leading the strategy for maximising and renewing income from trusts, foundations and grant making bodies, and successfully executing a rolling programme of applications.
• Producing, submitting and managing all communications with funders within the agreed timeframe including regular reports.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues to produce fundraising communications and reports as appropriate.
• Developing, implementing and managing the stewardship programme for all trust and foundation donors.
• Establishing and monitoring progress of applications and providing financial reporting and other management information on a timely basis to the Head of Development.
• Maintaining trust, foundation and grant records on the Customer Relationship Management database.
• Contributing, as and when relevant and agreed with the Head of Development, to the activities of the organisation, including occasional attendance at functions outside of normal working hours.
• Performing other duties as required by the Head of Development.