Trustee Treasurer, Herne Bay Museum TrustLocation:The Seaside Museum, Herne Bay Salary:Voluntary Main duties:
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, the duties of the treasurer include the following.
• Making payments and maintaining financial records of income and expenditure and ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
• Assisting in the drawing up of applications for grants and accounting for the expenditure of restricted funds
• Preparing accounts and financial reports for the trustees and volunteers on the financial situation of the Trust and presenting them in a clear and easily understandable way
• Preparing annual budgets and financial forecasts to ensure that the financial resources of the Trust meet its current and forecast needs and contributing to its fundraising strategy as necessary
• Ensuring that the charity has appropriate reserves and investment policies which conform to the aims and objects of the charity and its legal responsibilities
• Involvement in the preparation of the strategic and business plans of the Trust and advising on their financial implications
• Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and Canterbury City Council, and that they are independently examined as necessary and any recommendations are implemented
• Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities and liaising with trustees, paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
• Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
Herne Bay Museum Trust (for the Seaside Museum Herne Bay), is currently seeking a Trustee Treasurer to join the Board.
The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. At The Seaside Museum the Treasurer takes the leading role in the day-to-day finances of the organisation.
Trustees are encouraged to assume a specialist responsibility and engage with management and operational activities and donate time at their convenience. There are 4-6 formal meetings, with additional meetings held as required.
The role of Trustee is to provide robust oversight, strategic direction, ensure effective governance arrangements are in place, rigorously monitor the charity’s performance and provide guidance, advice and support in the delivery of the charity’s objectives.
More information about becoming a charity trustee can be found here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/charity-trustee-whats-involved
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you would like to join the Board of Herne Bay Museum Trust as Treasurer.
Please send your application to email@example.comFull details [external link]