Trustee, Royal Pavilion and Museums TrustLocation:Brighton & Hove Salary:Not applicable Main duties:
The RPMT is looking for four new trustees to bring strength and experience to the Board. Trustees will be required to:
• Contribute actively to the Board by giving firm strategic direction to RPMT, through setting, in collaboration with staff, community panel and stakeholders, overall policy, defining goals, setting targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets
• Ensure that the Trust pursues its objects as defined within its governing document
• Maintain sound financial management of the resources of the Trust
• Ensure that the Trust is compliant with the terms of the contract with BHCC, and that the requirements of other stakeholders are met
• Ensure that the RPMT complies with its Articles of Association, charity law, company law, and other relevant legislation or regulations
• Safeguard the good name, reputation and values of RPMT
• Exercise reasonable care and skill, using personal skills and experience to help the Board of Trustees in collaboration with staff and stakeholders reach sound decisions
The Royal Pavilion and Museums Trust is seeking to recruit four new trustees.
The new Trust is due to take over the management of Brighton’s Royal Pavilion and Museums service in 2020. We are looking for people with cross cutting skills in the arts, heritage, learning, health and well-being. Individuals with entrepreneurial skills and experience in change management will also be invaluable.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in shaping the vision for this new independent trust and to be associated with one of the UK’s most iconic heritage sites. As well as Brighton’s extraordinary portfolio of museums and their collections you will contribute to the positioning of Brighton and Hove as a world class cultural attraction.
The trustees will be appointed for a three year term which is renewable.Full details [external link]