Trustee: Brading Roman VillaReference No.BRV2020 Location:Brading Roman Villa, Brading, Isle of Wight Salary:Voluntary work Main duties:
As a Trustee you would be expected to:
- Attend bi-monthly Board meetings (usually Friday afternoons from 1400 – 1600 hrs) and the Annual General Meeting.
- Take an active interest in the activities at the Villa and attend and support special events, exhibitions, talks etc.
- Contribute towards the setting of Villa’s forward plan and strategy (reviewed annually) and commitments as an accredited museum as well as an active stakeholder in the local community and more generally.
- Ensure that Policies and Procedures are regularly reviewed and conform to statutory requirements.
- Be supportive of the work of the committed staff team and volunteers.
- Undertake any necessary Trustee training and safeguarding.
- Be prepared to join appropriate committees of the Board and/or occasional working groups in order to accomplish specific tasks (according to relevant skills/expertise).
The selection criteria used to recruit Trustees is that they:
- Are understanding and supportive of the Trust’s Forward Plan (business and strategy), Accreditation commitments, aims and objectives.
- Have appropriate skills or experience to add to and expand the skills-base of the Board.
- Have relevant experience, such as being a governor or trustee of an arts organisation or charity (desirable but not essential) and/or commercial organisation.
- Have the time and availability to commit to the role. Regular attendance at Board Meetings is crucial to the smooth governance of the organisation. The Trust will facilitate Skype video/audio meetings as appropriate.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee, please email your expression of interest by 31st March 2020 with a brief CV and reasons why you are interested bearing in mind the skills and commitment we are seeking to: firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date:31/03/2020 Job Description:
We are looking for Trustees who are enthusiastic and are able to help move the organisation forward as we work towards increasing access and developing community use, alongside balancing the demands of a tourist attraction with the needs of a notable historic site. In particular, we are seeking a treasurer in succession to the existing treasurer and also up to another four trustees who have skills and experience in the commercial and/or heritage sector in (1) fund raising & sponsorship; (2) retail and marketing; (3) social media, website & IT; and (4) education and community engagement.Full details [external link]