The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre- Guided Visit Leaders (Fixed term)Location:The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, Great Missenden, Bucks, HP16 0AL Salary:£10 per hour Main duties:
You can expect to:
- Deliver Guided Visits. You’ll create warm, welcoming visits that mix interactive talks, activities and storytelling to help visitors experience the Museum and Roald Dahl’s stories.
- Develop your knowledge of Roald Dahl and what’s here at the Museum. We have plenty of resources and training to help with this.
- Manage equipment and resources. You’ll be provided with your own set of resources to deliver Guided Visits and be responsible for these. You’ll liaise with the Visitor Experience Team to share information and ensure the Museum is clean and safe.
- Helping us to improve our systems. You’ll feedback to the Museum’s Programming Group as we review our Guided Visits.
- Work to protect children while onsite. We’ll need you to complete Child Protection training and carry out your work in accordance with best practice for safeguarding children and young people.
Interview date:11/01/2021 Closing date:16/12/2020 Job Description:
Rate: £10 per hour for at least 13 hours per week (Covid restrictions permitting)
Type of post: Fixed term for 13 weeks from the week beginning Monday 18 January 2021
Do you want to be part of a dynamic Museum Team? Are you passionate about working with people and delivering quality, engaging visitor experiences? If the answer is ‘yes’, you could join our friendly team of Guided Visit Leaders.
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre welcomes thousands of people through our doors every year to experience the wonder and magic of Roald Dahl’s stories. We have re-opened the Museum following its COVID-19 closures using a model of Guided Visits. This is to ensure the best and safest experience for both our visitors and staff. As a Guided Visit Leader, you’ll lead up to four Guided Visits per day, mostly for families. You’ll spend most of your time talking and interacting with visitors in the Museum’s public spaces to create a buzz and deliver a fantastic experience.
This role will suit someone with excellent people skills. You’ll enjoy interacting with a range of visitors, but most importantly you’ll be enthusiastic, flexible and able to adapt.
If you would like additional information about this position or would like to arrange an informal chat before applying, please email Grace Weller firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB Guided Visit Leaders work across the days that Guided Visits run (Thursdays – Sundays during term time, Monday – Sunday during school holidays), including regular weekends. Please be ready to discuss your availability when applying.
Full details [external link]