Senior Marketing Officer, Watts GalleryInterview date:22/01/2021 Closing date:13/01/2021 Job Description:
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 pa (dependent on experience)
ABOUT WATTS GALLERY TRUST
Watts Gallery Trust is an independent charity established in 1904 to manage the legacy of George Frederic Watts OM RA, one of the leading artists of the nineteenth century. Today, Watts Gallery Trust is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation that oversees Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village. Consisting of Limnerslease, the former home of artists G F Watts and Mary Seton Watts, the Grade I listed Watts Cemetery Chapel, designed by Mary Watts, the Pottery Building that formerly housed the Compton Potters Arts Guild, and Watts Gallery established in 1904 as the UK’s first single artist museum, the Artists’ Village is a leading regional visitor attraction. The Trust delivers an ambitious and far-reaching engagement and learning programme in prisons, in the local community and onsite, working to deliver our founders’ Art for All ethos with some of the most vulnerable in society. It also manages the Artist’s Studio Museum Network of 157 artist’s studio museums across Europe, and the thriving Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village, which is located in Compton, outside Guildford across 18 acres of Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Watts Gallery Trust has an exciting opening for the role of Senior Marketing Officer reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Production of monthly marketing reports detailing website, social media and email marketing statistics on reach, open rates, surveys, admissions and digital engagement.
- Day-to-day management of social media and digital marketing budget. (Supported by the Marketing Assistant).
- Management of the design, proofing, printing and distribution of the Watts Magazine and annual report.
- Design (print and digital campaigns), email marketing, on and off-site promotions, administration, research, proofreading and copywriting (press releases and blogs).
- Day-to-day website administration (shared responsibility with the Head of Marketing and Marketing Assistant).
- Design and administration of print advertising campaigns.
- Plan, edit and write content for internal communication channels to communicate with staff, volunteers and freelancers, ensuring the alignment of internal and external messages.
- Supporting the Head of Marketing and Communications and wider marketing team as required, including any other task reasonably requested by the Head of
- Marketing and Communications.
Full job description can be found here: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/assets.wattsgallery.org.uk/live/media/file/Senior_Marketing_Officer_Job_Description.pdf
To apply, please complete the attached application form and equality and diversity monitoring form and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Wednesday 13 January 2021.
In your application, please also include where you saw the role advertised or found out about the position.
First interviews will take place on Friday 22 January. Second interviews will take place on the afternoon of Friday 29 January. Please let us know within your covering e-mail if you require any adjustments to the interview process. Watts Gallery Trust is fully committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.