Museum Curator, SevenoaksLocation:Sevenoaks, Kent Salary:28,925 pro rata (22 hours per week) Benefits:Please contact Donna-Marie Dunn on 03000 417466 for more information. Main duties:
1. Ensure that the appropriate standards of documentation and collections care are met.
2. Take a lead role in providing information, advice and guidance about the museum collection for customers.
3. Work with key stakeholders and key partners to promote the collection through managing and delivering a varied programme of events, activities and exhibitions.
4. Managing the team of volunteers, ensure training is in place where required. Identify and develop opportunities for volunteers to be involved in museum activities, exhibitions and collections care.
5. Protect the health, safety and welfare of staff and others using our premises by ensuring that all relevant health & safety policies and security procedures are complied with, including risk assessments, and taking appropriate actions to minimise any risks.
6. Display active commitment to a customer focused service by placing the customer at the heart of every aspect of our work. Engage directly with customers in a friendly, helpful manner, contributing to public involvement and achieving the best possible outcome for the customer.
7. Ensure the Museum meets required accreditation standards in all areas, including maintaining all documentation and statistics required.
8. Investigate ways that museum could be funded e.g. funding from parts of KCC, external funding including grants and where appropriate completing and submitting bids for external funding sources.Closing date:15/05/2019 Job Description:
Sevenoaks Museum is part of Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope (library, museum and art gallery). Our collection comprises over 3,000 objects on display and in our store.
We are looking for a Museum Curator to take responsibility for the day to day management of the museum, ensure high standards of collection care and develop opportunities to promote the collection as part of the Kaleidoscope Programme of events, activities and exhibitions. This includes:
-Taking a lead role in providing information, advice and guidance about the collections for customers
-Managing the team of volunteers
-Managing and delivery a variety of events, activities and exhibitions
The successful applicant will have experience of managing and using collections to develop and promote services and an excellent knowledge of national initiatives and policies relating to the development of services in museums.
The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements.
View and download the job description and person specification for this role:
For further information on this role please contact Donna-Marie Dunn on 03000 417466.Full details [external link]