Museum Booking Administration coordinator, River and Rowing MuseumReference No.04 Location:River and Rowing Museum, Henley on Thames Salary:£12,500 (per annum) Benefits:Free onsite parking Onsite Shop and cafe discount 20 days holiday and bank holidays Pension scheme Main duties:
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
- Managing events and venue booking request inbox and enquiries for venue hire of all nature including commercial hires, jetty bookings, schools and learning visit requests, resource booking for museum
- Reporting to Leadership team and delivering insights into all aspects of bookings volumes and commercial profit for venue hire
- Liaison with Front of house, technicians to ensure rooms are set up according to customer request
- Managing resources of a bookable nature for the team
- Data base management
- Raising contracts for room hire and liaising with Finance team to raise invoice requests
- Co-ordination of any open days including supporting the promotion of the events
- Collate event packs and materials, book, and secure event equipment
- Booking of internal meetings as required by staff and trustees
- Timetabling of rooms to include courses, external room bookings and internal meetings
- Reporting on data for ticketing, bookings, and other resources including venue hire via new booking system
- Help to develop and set up new booking system for Museum and become the museum expert in this
- Liaising with group booking organisers and team members to ensure successful visits to the Museum
- Support Curatorial team with booking of spaces to support shows and Museum events including install and deinstall timetables
- Support all Leadership team with general admin tasks, manage the general enquiries phoneline, data migration, onboarding HR admin paperwork and volunteering database
Including but not limited to:
- To work flexibly as part of the Museum back house support team and provide cover and support to other members of the team during busy times.
This may include the following duties:
- Responding to general enquiries by phone or email
- Supporting event and Front of house duties with cover if needed
- Provide adhoc administrative support to the Leadership team as required
- Developing and producing relevant reports for Leadership team
- Experience of working as an administrator or coordinator and/or bookings administrator in a busy environment.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and processes and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Visitor-focused, with excellent customer service and communication skills, good phone etiquette
- Ability to develop and deliver reports to management
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Background in event or museums would be desirable but not essential
- Proactive team worker, open to change
- An understanding of, and a commitment to, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Interview date:21/09/2021 Closing date:20/09/2021 Job Description:
Museum Booking Administration coordinator
Museum Booking administrative coordinator
We are seeking a booking administrative coordinator to join our team based at the River and Rowing Museum, in Henley on Thames.
As part of the Museum team this role will be required to be responsible for securing room bookings from external customers, managing the schools and education bookings, community hire and venue hire, data base management and reporting to the business on internal Ticketing and booking software system for all events for RRM.
Become familiar with events and activities at the Museum so visitors enquiring about these in person, by phone or by email can be advised in a friendly and efficient manner. The role involves general office administration and development of reporting and processes of internal database systems.
Main purpose of job:
To manage and generate income through securing room bookings, managing event requests and managing the administration for all internal and external booking elements for the museum
Responsible to: Head of Facilities and Commercial
Hours: Part time – 0.6 FTE –hours and days to be agreed with candidate and manager – flexibility to spread over week to support Museums needs
Duration: This is a permanent role. It is based at the RRM although there may be some remote working flexibility
Salary: £12,500 (per annum)
Full details [external link]