MSc Programme Leader, Weald & Downland Living MuseumLocation:Chichester, West Sussex Salary:£45000 pro-rata Benefits:23 days Holiday pro-rata Contributory Pension Scheme Free car parking Discount in cafe and Museum Shop Main duties:
The overall responsibility of the Programme Leader will be to take the academic lead in managing the two MSc programmes at the Weald & Downland Living Museum validated by the University of York.
The successful Programme Leader will have demonstrable experience in taking responsibility for the academic delivery and development of an MSc Programme or similar level qualification.
In addition, the leader should have the ability to establish and maintain a collaborative relationship with our partner University alongside the understanding and expertise to ensure compliance with academic standards.
Professional understanding of building conservation is essential.Interview date:05/05/2021 Closing date:23/04/2021 Job Description:
Overall Job Purpose
● To lead the two MSc programmes at the Weald & Downland Living Museum, in Building Conservation and Timber Building Conservation, validated by the University of York
● To work collaboratively with academic colleagues, Museum staff and students to offer an excellent student learning experience.
● To monitor, review and enhance programme content and delivery
● Provide effective management of the MSc programmes, including consultation, decision making and communication with appropriate colleagues.
● Ensure high standards of student experience through effective programme management
● Maintain high academic standards and adherence to the programme and module specifications
● Ensure information for students about the programme is accurate and complies with programme approval documents
● Lead the design and delivery of teaching materials for the specified programme and modules, including the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes.
● Oversee the work of students on the programme – including student project, field trips, and where appropriate, placements, and provide advice on study skills
● Lead the setting, marking and verification of student assessments and examination activities on the programme, including the provision of appropriate feedback to students to meet internal and external expectations
● Participate in seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration.
● Advise students about the programme including referral to appropriate services providing further help
● Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement for the MSc programmes
● Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates on the MSc programmes
● Complete programme review and evaluation documents to meet internal and external expectations
● Work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
● Work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
● To attend as necessary the Conservation Course Directors Forum or other relevant external meetings.
Competence / Knowledge / Skills required
● Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees relevant to Building Conservation
● Teaching qualification and/or demonstrable further education teaching experience.
● Relevant professional qualification
● Ability to provide academic leadership of a high quality student learning experience (e.g. via large group sessions, small group sessions, supervision & pastoral support).
● Ability to provide academic leadership of the MSc programmes including quality assurance processes
● Knowledge of higher education and ability to use a range of delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students
● Ability to participate in and develop external networks to benefit the MSc programme
● Ability to identify potential sources of funding
● Able to plan and prioritise workload and that of others
● Respect for confidentiality of personal information.
● Ensure understanding in all relevant areas students support and Health and Safety, taking appropriate responsibility and action
● Current valid driving licence or reliable form of transport to the Museum