Membership Assistant, Watts Gallery Trust, Closes 3 June 2019Location:Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village Salary:£17,900 per annum (£7,160.40 pro rata) Main duties:
Administration of Friends membership scheme through database management:
- Use of the database (Donor Strategy) to capture and update donor and key contact details, produce renewals, log subscription payments and other activities as required
- Create and process new subscriptions on the database
- Send out welcome packs, thank you letters, and membership cards
- Secure and process renewals through writing renewal reminders and notifying and processing regular payments (direct debits and standing orders)
- Ensure all subscriptions are logged and acknowledged
- Enter subscriptions through the Till System, as required
- Update Friends’ details, respond to queries and requests and provide high quality customer care
- Assist Membership Administrator with ‘Friends First Views’ of exhibitions and Friends and
- Volunteers Christmas Party
- Support and attend events (with some outside of normal office hours)
- Answer the mainline phone as a shared task with the rest of the organisation
- Support the Development team with varying administrative tasks
- Any other task as required by the Head of Development
About Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village:
Watts Gallery Trust was established by the designer Mary Watts in 1905 to celebrate the work of the artist George Frederic Watts. Initially consisting of a Gallery, we have transformed over recent years into an Artists’ Village. Located in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 65,000 people visit our 18 acre estate each year which includes Watts Gallery, Watts Chapel, and G F and Mary Watts former home and studio, Limnerslease.
Today we also celebrate G F and Mary Watts as unique artistic talents and uphold their shared beliefs in the transformational power of the arts, social reform and creative innovation. Both artists pushed the boundaries of their art forms during their own lives and challenged societal norms via their art; from social reform to women’s rights.
Watts Gallery Trust, a registered charity, is seeking to appoint an efficient and organised Membership Assistant to work within its ambitious and successful fundraising team.
This is a rewarding role offering diverse experience including office administration, database management, supporter care, and events organisation within an arts heritage charity and is an excellent opportunity to develop fundraising skills. The successful candidate will assist the Membership Administrator with the Friends and Patrons membership schemes which provide vital unrestricted income to our charitable organisation. Administration of the database will be critical.
Applications including a supporting statement expressing interest in and suitability for the position and CV, including two referees, should be sent to Sarah James via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watts Gallery is fully committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.