Meetings Secretary: Oxfordshire Museums CouncilClosing date:30/09/2019 Job Description:
Oxfordshire Museums Council is looking for a Meetings Secretary.
Oxfordshire Museums Council was established over 40 years ago, to support those of us who work in Oxfordshire’s Museums. Today there are over 40 museums and historic houses in membership, and the society programmes meetings and publishes Museums, Galleries and Historic Houses of Oxfordshire annually.
The Society requires a Meetings Secretary, a voluntary post, that will give excellent opportunities to network; find out more about our museums, and develop the Council, making it a vibrant part of the cultural community.
- Support the Executive Committee, programming meetings and taking notes (c.3 meetings per annum)
- Promote the Council’s events to the membership
- Edit the website as required
- Support the Treasurer with Charity Commission record keeping
- ICT Skills
- ability to travel – as meetings may be off the public transport routes
- Good communication skills
- To be interested in museums and the county’s history
- c 0.5 to 1 day per month
- There is a small budget to assist with travel costs
- Please contact Simon Townsend email@example.com for further information.
The Executive Committee is looking for an energetic individual, who can take on this role, and transform Oxfordshire Museums Council.