MDN Coordinator 2019-20- Brief for tenderLocation:The contract will be managed by the MD team in their home region or nearest home region Salary:The contract fee is £17,800 (inclusive of approx. £1000 of fee for travel) for around 6-8 days per month. The contract fee will be paid in three instalments: two of £6,000 and one of £5,800. Main duties:
- Overview and updating dispersed MDN budget held regionally
- Supporting administration of external contracts
- Organising MDN committee meetings and working group meetings
- Collating updates from working groups to feed back to committee
- Circulating agendas and papers
- Taking minutes at committee meeting
- Managing and updating MDN website and social media
- Collating and copy writing information for case studies and stakeholder reports, leaflets
- Be first point of contact for stakeholders including ACE, SSOs, SSNs
- Supporting development of MDN communications strategy
Monitoring and evaluation
- Collation and analysis of some national data
- Manage data in line with GDPR
- Events and CPD support:
- Event planning and evaluation
- Supporting and arranging MDN CPD sessions in consultation with MDN and ACE– room booking, arranging catering, sending joining instructions, monitoring and using Eventbrite
- Evaluation forms and collation of feedback from MD CPD sessions
- Administration and development support of MDN annual conference
- Collation of information and data for reporting
- Contribute to MDN and stakeholder meetings
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Competent in IT including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, WordPress, Twitter, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey
- Organised and ability to work on own and as part of a disparate network
- Good understanding of MD and museum sector
- Confident and good communicator as representative of MD
- Experience of administrative duties and communications
- Experience of collating information, using data and copywriting communications
Interview date:03/06/2019 Closing date:31/05/2019 Job Description:
The Museum Development Network (MDN) was set up to support
collaborative working across museum development providers in the UK. MDN
is directed by the Museum Development Committee, which is made up of
representatives from each Museum Development (MD) team.
The Museum Development Programme in England is a programme of support
for museums across the nine regions of England. Museum Development
believes in thriving museums. It raises standards and drives excellence by
enabling, guiding and supporting people working in museums.
Each MD provider has secured funding from Arts Council England (ACE) to
be Sector Support Organisations (SSO) for 2018-22 within Arts Council
England’s National Portfolio. Each MD provider run programmes of
development to enhance museums in response to Arts Council England’s 5
strategic goals: ACE 5 Goals.
MDN seeks to appoint a freelance Coordinator to support the committee,
thematic working groups and the wider network to continue to build on its
collaborative approaches to programming, sharing information and data
collection to support the museum sector through the delivery of quality
MDN is looking for a consultant with experience of coordination, data
management, communications, coordination of dispersed teams and
programmes with a good knowledge of the museum sector, Museum
Development and the role of Sector Support Organisations.
N.B. Occasional travel will be expected for attendance at MDN and
stakeholder meetings and conferences.
The deadline for proposal submission is 5pm on the 31st May 2019. The
interview date for short-listed consultants is 3rd June 2019 (location to be
confirmed). The successful consultant will be informed by the 7th June 2019.
An initial meeting will take place in Birmingham on the 13th June 2019 with the
Chair and Vice Chair of MDN Committee and ACE Museum Development
Manager. The Coordinator would also be required to attend the MDN
Conference in Newark on the 19th June 2019 if available.
We will evaluate your tender against the following criteria:
- Criteria Weighting
- Value for money 20%
- Strength of proposal 35%
- Relevant experience and skills 45%
Please submit your proposals to Claire Browne, Chair of MDN Committee:
Claire.Browne@leics.gov.uk cc. Kaye Hardyman, Vice Chair of MDN
Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further details contact Kaye Hardyman.