Learning and Outreach Officer, Maternity Cover, Elmbridge MuseumSalary:£21,955 - 24,277 pro-rata (28.8 hours per week) Interview date:11/07/2019 Closing date:02/07/2019 Job Description:
Elmbridge Museum is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and innovative professional for 12 months maternity cover to continue to deliver and develop our outreach learning programme; focusing on making the collections more accessible to the local community through a range of formal and informal learning programmes.
This role involves delivering an outreach learning programme for schools and developing the new Museum Explorers’ programme of activities for families. The successful candidate will find creative and exciting ways of achieving this goal and will contribute to the development of community focused events for a wide range of audiences across the Borough.
The successful candidate would possess the following essential attributes:
- qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- experience in museum education and / or teaching
- experience in the strategic development and delivery of learning activities for a range of audiences
- Experience in supervising staff/volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and life learning long learning issues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Effective oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work arrangements and the ability to work evening and weekends as required
- Required to be part of the Museum Emergency Response Team
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle to travel throughout the borough
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
To apply applicants should visit either:
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Clara Pereira, Museum Community Engagement Manager on 01372 474586 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgFull details [external link]