Learning and Engagement AssistantLocation:Tunbridge Wells Salary:£21,233 per annum Benefits:Additional benefits for this post include 22 days annual leave (increasing to 27 days after 5 years continuous Local Government service), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, as well as invaluable training opportunities for continuing professional development. Main duties:
Job Summary: To contribute to an innovative and high-quality service by supporting the Culture Manager Cultural Projects Managers and Visitor Services Manager in the development, delivery and organisation of learning and engagement programmes for The Amelia service
- Deliver learning and engagement activities as identified in The Amelia and NPO (National Portfolio Organisation) activity plans, both on site, as outreach, and digitally
- Deliver The Amelia formal learning programme as required to Key Stage 1 & 2 pupils both on site as outreach and digitally.
- Contribute to the development of the new cultural activities during the development of the museum service and The Amelia project, contributing to achieving the outcomes of grant funding.
- Evaluate activities and feedback to management to drive service development, and fulfil reporting requirements of grants
- Support the marketing and promotion of the of events and activities to ensure sufficient attendance, including generating social media content
- Provide administrative and organisational support: ensure proper financial procedures and processes are followed, assist with scheduling of the events programme, maintain schools diary, manage school invoicing, and contact/mailing lists
- Supervise learning and engagement volunteers, and freelancers working on projects
- Assist in maintaining the security and staffing of event premise and The Amelia collections to ensure the safe running of activities
- Assist with any other reasonable duties of the Engagement team in the development and/or delivery of The Amelia service
- Be aware of and exercise personal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
NB This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the tasks and responsibilities of the post. In line with Service needs, some tasks may need to change and any changes will be made in consultation with the postholder.Interview date:05/11/2020 Closing date:19/10/2020 Job Description:
The Amelia is looking for a Learning and Engagement Assistant to join our busy Engagement team.
We are embarking on an exciting NHLF and ACE funded redevelopment project which will take the museum service through a great period of transition. As part of this work we are seeking a dynamic and engaging individual to help us deliver an audience focused activity and engagement plan.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of delivering learning and engagement programmes both in person and digitally. You will have strong interpersonal skills, and a keen interest in the arts and heritage. You will be able to demonstrate also strong organisational, administrative and digital skills, and be able to work at pace as well both independently and as part of a team.
This role will see you deliver learning and engagement activities both on site, as outreach, and digitally, as well as contributing to the development of a new cultural activity programme. As part of The Amelia’s engagement team, you will be playing a key role in developing future audiences and driving service development though reporting and evaluating progress back to management.
Additional benefits for this post include 22 days annual leave (increasing to 27 days after 5 years continuous Local Government service), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, as well as invaluable training opportunities for continuing professional development.
To find out more take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification below. For an informal discussion about this post, you can contact Julie Hawksworth, Visitor Services Manager, email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Our competency framework describes what’s expected from our employees in terms of attitudes and behaviors. To view our core competencies, click here.
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies and what it’s like to work here you can follow us on twitter @TWBC_Jobs and LinkedIn @TWellsCouncilFull details [external link]