Head of Marketing and Communications, Watts Gallery TrustReference No.Watts HofMktg Job Location:Compton, near Guildford (Surrey) Salary:£36 000 - £42 000 Benefits:Free parking Discounted staff shopping and food Main duties:
· Develop and hands-on implementation of the marketing and communications strategy.
· Develop and deliver a marketing plan for the reopening of Limnerslease, the artists’ house, studios and grounds, in the Spring of 2021.
· Work effectively as a member of the Senior Management Team to ensure the future development of the Artists’ Village.
· Support the Senior Management Team to effectively market new and existing income streams to ensure footfall and revenue targets are met or exceeded.
· Review the website and implement a strategy for its successful development.
· Extend the digital and social media strategy, increasing reach and raising awareness amongst new audiences via digital innovation.
· Develop, manage and ensure consistent implementation of the Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village brand.
· Drive forward the audience development strategy to meet the organisation’s diversity, inclusion and accessibility goals and ensure our audience is representative of the demographics of the region.
· Lead design and content development.
· Analyse monthly metrics and research on marketing and audiences to provide evidence-based improvements to communications and marketing activities.
· Manage a marketing budget of over £100,000 pa.
· Lead and support the marketing team, providing mentoring, coaching, and career development opportunities.
Watts Gallery Trust, a registered charity, has an exciting opening for the role of Head of Marketing and Communications. As the gallery enacts its coronavirus recovery plans and delivers its business plan over the coming years, we are looking for someone who is flexible and enjoys working in a leadership role in a fast-paced and changing environment. Working at the heart of a thriving cultural institution you will continue to grow visitors to the Artists’ Village through the marketing of key exhibitions and events, the Learning and Outreach programme, the creation and distribution of publications such as the Watts On, Watts Magazine, engagement with the collection, site history and architecture, and the unveiling of G F Watts’s sculpture Physical Energy as a notable piece of public art in the South East. The position will also play a key role in supporting the Watts Contemporary Gallery, Tea Shop and Shop in achieving an increase in trading activity and in assisting the Development team with campaign planning, all of which are pivotal to the future success of the Artists’ Village. The Head of Marketing & Communications is responsible for and line manages the Marketing Strategist (0.2 FTE), Marketing Officer (1.0 FTE) and Marketing Assistant (1.0 FTE).Full details [external link]